PrePay-Only Sydney CBD
From Monday 22 June 2009 bus stops throughout Sydney's CBD were converted to PrePay-only between 7am and 7pm on weekdays. PrePay simply means purchasing a ticket before boarding the bus. No tickets are sold on board the bus at PrePay-only bus stops or on PrePay-only bus services.
See our CBD Ticket and Destination guide for information on what ticket to buy in the City to get to your suburb.
Where to buy
Tickets are available from a variety of outlets including Australia Post outlets, Newsagents, 7-eleven and convenience stores. Tickets are also available from Transport Shops, Sydney Trains rail stations and Sydney Ferries wharves. Find out where to buy tickets close to you.
Advantages of PrePay?
- Helps speed up passenger boarding times.
- Helps improve the on-time reliability of the bus service.
- Saves you money – PrePay multi-ride tickets can save you 20% or more compared to single ride tickets.
PrePay Ticket Types
- Provides 10 rides on the one ticket.
- Only expires after all 10 rides have been used.
- Is transferable, ticket must be dipped in green ticket reader on board the bus each trip.
- Provides 20% saving on single ticket purchase.
- Provides unlimited travel on regular bus,and light rail services, as well as travel on train and ferry services as bounded by the MyMulti travel zone of your ticket.
- Is ideal for frequent travel on multi modes of transport - buses, trains and ferries.
Download Adobe Acrobat