How the STA Recruitment Process works
STA’s recruitment process is comprehensive and to help you prepare we’ve outlined the stages of our selection process below.
1. Applications open until Friday 29 May 2009
Once we’ve received your online application, we’ll then review your application against the following criteria:
- Degree awarded
- Academic achievement
- Relevant experience
- Written communication skills
- Your responses to the additional questions
If your application is successful at this stage, we’ll let you know within a couple of weeks of applications closing and you will progress to the next stage.
2. Pre-Interview Assessments
We will email you a link to allow you to complete pre-interview online assessments. You’ll need to complete these within two days. If you are successful you’ll be invited to attend an interview within the following weeks.
Your interview will be behavioural-based:
- The interview itself, with HR and someone from the business unit to which you’ve applied.
- An opportunity to present and discuss some examples of your university design / project assignments
- You should expect to be in our offices for approximately two hours.
4. Reference check
Two of your referees will be contacted to conduct a reference check.
Pending the results of your reference checks, we’ll post you a written offer of employment including the benefits and conditions of your employment.
6. Acceptance and start date
Your acceptance of a graduate position is by a signed and returned employment contract. An exact start date can also be agreed upon at this stage (February 2010).
Select your relevant Graduate Program
- Business Management
- Information Technology
- Safety and O H &S
- Traffic Planning
EligibilityAustralian citizenship or permanent residency only.
Relevant degree recently completed or to be completed by 2009
- Tell a friend
- Read what other graduates say
- How the STA Recruitment Process works